A very normal phenomenon which is encountered by almost all of the people. Yes , mental block is just normal, but that is for the people who don't really understand it. Well , Mental block is the inability to recall something , to think of something or to perform a mental action. Any individual may encounter this for it does not choose time , place and situation when to occur. It may be during your class hours, office meeting , special occasion , grand ball , parties and worst in your examination day .
Why does MENTAL BLOCK happen ??
- Sticking in one thought - avoid sticking in one idea, don't set your mind close specially when gathering data. You should always be open-minded.
- Not Paying attention - during your class or office hours you will notice yourself listening but words just enter in the right then exit to the left .You should be mentally and physically active in discussion. Your ears and eye's specially your mind should be focus on the speaker.
- Not being prepared - in connection in "Not paying attention" this i also a a challenge in our mental and physical alertness. You should always be attentive and easy to reach. Don't let your minds swim or fly out of the world.
- Not setting your time - in our multitasking generation we should watch our schedule. Time management is highly needed. We should avoid running out of time and rush hours. That's a big NO ' NO ! You really have a lot of chances in forgetting lots of things.
- Stress - when you are very active in lots of activity and a hardworking person , you might be a stressed one too. When your mind and body are being forced and always in use , it might function slowly. Be sure to take some vitamins.
- Overwhelmed/ depressed - when a person carries mix emotion or sometimes over flowing emotion we are prone on forgetting so much and being trapped in one corner of idea.
- Mixed idea - thinking so much will cause a total block-out . That's it .
Everyone might experience this , specially when solving math and science problems , but we have different unique ways to overcome and remember things again .
Facing MENTAL BLOCK !
- Shake your head .
- Do the inhale-exhale process
- Be calm ( don't be so obvious that you forgot something )
- Stay on track - continue with the discussion
- Don't force yourself to remember
- Change / jump to another topic
- Don't try to write if your mind is empty
- Play with your ideas
Mental block is usual but when it became severe, or it occur regularly , it will be obviously unusual. You should be aware of whats already happening to you . Have the initiative to go to your trusted physician.